Services: website, branding
A website re-brand and re-design.
The founders Athena and Leone have a unique business facilitating yacht chartered retreats to retreat facilitators. The key goals were to:
- create a modern and captivating website that exudes how deeply the pair care about their work
- validates the concept of yacht charter retreats
- informs retreat facilitators the benefits of sea retreats
- grow leads from facilitators
So from the get go we had a lot of information to communicate to the audience. Once the content was established it was clear the importance of making the website very easy to read; there were large amounts of text to read.
This resulted in designing parameters that offered an optimal reading experience. Approximately 15 words per line, legible font and font size, as well as a comfortable line height to allow for ease of reading. There is a lot of breathing space around text so the page never feels busy.
Creating a mood was the other big aspect. The website needed to be very captivating. As retreats are about self-discovery and growth I needed to capture this atmosphere. Using full screen photos, cropped and edited to create a dreamlike state that complements the storytelling in the copy.
– custom built theme for the wordpress content management system.
– html, css, php, sass, css grid, svg animation